In following well-establisged programming practice, we will aim to keep a log
of changes here to make it easier for you to immediately see which items have
been updated. More recent items will be at the top.
- Docker content in lecture 23 (with one video) and
lecture 24 (with two videos) has been uploaded.
- The Schedule page was updated with information about the
- Slides, videos and code examples for lecture 17 and lecture
18 have been posted. Reading week is next week, so there will a short break.
- Updated the Assessments of the Syllabus to note the 8:00pm
deadline on Thursday, and added some details about PrairieLearn submissions.
- A new video for lecture 05 on ®Markdown was just posted.
- Some of you noticed that the homework questions 1 and 2 overlapped. That
was an error on our end; a corrected question 1 has been posted.
- Please continue to use GitHub issues in our (access restricted) ‘Spring 2019 discussion’ repo
- Please use the Google Form link emailed several
times to let us know your GitHub
id – given your U of I / NetID which is also needed to access the form.
- It would appear that the RStudio Cloud Terminal is back. Here’s hoping it
stays for the length of the course.
- Added an entry to the FAQ with details about caching your
credentials to not have to type every your password on every commit.
- Two more videos about git where added to lecture (3 and)
- We need more of you to map your NetID @ Illinois and your
GitHub id: see the Google Form link in the Blackboard announcement.
- The RStudio Cloud Terminal may be back soon. Fingers crossed…
- Resources/websites/: add link to new GitHub repo for
issues and discussion; please use the (emailed) link to a Google Doc to
provide your GitHub id (see yesterday’s announcement at
- Noted on pages for lectures 01 and
02 that RStudio Cloud currently has no terminal for
us which is a bit of an issue for us. We will keep everyone posted as we
learn more. One alternative for Windows users who are comfortable
installing software might be git-bash;
can be added to macOS.
- Syllabus/Assessment count corrected to six as
on the Schedule page.
- Note added on Syllabus/Assessment that some items
may still be in the process of getting finalized.
- Instructor email on Syllabus/Getting Help page
firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. no second hyphen after 430).
- The FAQ has a new section on Technical Issues for Google and GitHub.